You rely on your direct caregivers to provide ADLs and iADLs for your patients.
It sounds like a simple job but it isn’t.
Non-licensed caregivers spend many hours every day with your patients. They are the eyes and ears of your licensed staff.
Your aides are responsible for:
- Accurate, professional, and compassionate conduct
- Identifying and reporting changes in patient condition
- Proper documentation
- Infection control and maintaining a safe/clean home environment
- Maintaining professional boundaries
- Promoting patient safety and fostering independence.
- Understanding personal, cultural, and ethnic issues in care giving and communication.
- Understanding and providing appropriate nutrition and hydration; including special diets
- Understanding common disease processes
- Measuring, recording, and reporting vital signs
- Performing personal care, toileting, grooming and range of motion
- Thinking critically and reacting appropriately in emergencies while working alone in the home.
Your non-licensed caregivers have a lot of responsibilities!
Is your home health aide training and competency program up to the challenge?
Keep your patients safe, optimize outcomes, and maintain compliance by partnering with The Home Health Training Center for your Aide training program and ongoing annual education needs.
The Home Health Training Center’s Certified Home Health Aide Training Program is fully compliant with 2017 Federal CoPs for Medicare Certified Home Health Agencies and ISDH Home Health Aide regulations for Certified Agencies.
Our mission, to optimize patient outcomes by improving home health care delivery through education, support, and training, drives our commitment to you.
- Home Health Aide Certification Programs
- Custom Training Solutions
- Aide Compliance audits and consultations
Aide Certification Programs Include:
- Textbook, workbook, and training supplies for the student.
- 60+ hours of RN led class-based instruction delivered through our eClassroom and live webinars.
- 16 hours of RN led hands-on skills practice.
- Full training records and transcripts for each student.
- Certificate of Completion suitable for framing for each student
- Free CEs for the new Aides for the balance of the training year.
- Satisfaction guaranteed or re-training is free!
Individual students complete the self-paced learning and knowledge assessments and then attend 16 hours of hands-on skills practice at our SimHome™ Learning Center. No minimum enrollment required.
Group Rates available
Agencies can take advantage of our group training rate when they enroll 4-6 students as a group. Students complete self-paced learning and knowledge assessments as individuals and then the entire group attends 16 hours of hands-on skills practice as at our SimHome™ Learning Center.
Curious about the course list? Here is an overview of the curriculum we teach: Course Curriculum
Custom Training Solutions
Do you have a special training need? Let us work with you to create a custom solution. We offer a full range of staff training services in addition to our Home Health Aide Certification Programs.
- Staff remediation training services
- Home Health Aide annual CE’s + tracking services
- Skilled Nurse competency assessments
- Skills Fairs
*Travel to agencies greater than 75 miles from Bloomington Indiana may incur additional costs.
IAHHC recognized and recommended!
We look forward to becoming your care staff training partner